Monday, May 19, 2008

Pedagogy Workshops Info

As you all know, the pedagogy workshops will take place on July 29 and 31. Based on the class size I've worked out the following protocols for them:

3-4 people per workshop

4 workshops on the 29th; 4 on the 31st

20-30 minutes per workshop

On the day of the presentation, groups will go in the order listed below. If you wish you may use any of the equipment available in the room. There is an in-house computer and projector that you can use to display any electronic file. I display my notes each class by bringing them on a flash drive (the computer in the cabinet has USB ports on the front of it), or by emailing them to myself as an attachment. There is also a hookup that you can connect to your own laptop computer, although I haven't tested that myself. The in-house computer is hooked to the internet, so if you want to display online content, you can do that. Those of you who bring laptops to class probably know already whether wireless is available in the room. There is a DVD player and a VCR if you want to show a film clip. There may or may not be an overhead projector (I can't recall). And don't forget about the almighty blackboard. You are by no means obligated to use the equipment in your presentations.

SIGNUP FOR THE WORKSHOPS IS VIA EMAIL; WORKSHOPS WILL BE ASSIGNED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. DEADLINE FOR SIGNING UP IS MAY 29TH.

I will upgrade the workshop list with the names of those who have signed up for them as your messages come in. If you have specified a workshop already and I have acknowledged your email, but you don't see your name here, please send me a message and I'll correct it.


Pedagogy Workshop Categories

July 29
RELIGION AND DEVOTIONAL LIFE (full)
Willie S.
Shivana R.
Hailey V.
Dan S.

CULTURE AND ENTERTAINMENT (full)
Karen M.
Sonya S.
Claudia S.
Nicole T.

THE ELIZABETHAN SONNET and/or LYRIC (full)
Ryan B.
Shayan A.
Stef M.
Scott C.

July 31
TRAVEL AND COLONIZATION (full)
Reagan
Jen
Alex

Amanda S.


THE FAERIE QUEENE Book 3
Jessica P.
James B.
Joseph K.
Sonya V.

THE AGE OF ELIZABETH
Danielle L.
Elizabeth L.
Myra M.
Brent T.

No comments: